Today, I would like to share my Convention swap cards with you! This year, I made two different cards. One for Halloween and one for Christmas. I really liked this layout which is from Mojo Monday a while back. I love how you can get a different look just by changing out the designer series paper and the stamp set.
My first card uses the new Halloween Stamp set from the Holiday catalogue called "Googly Ghouls". I just love this set, especially with the googly eye embellishments! The cardstock colors are Basic Black, Basic Grey, and the designer series paper is from the Howlstooth and Scaringbone package. I also used the Spiderweb Embossing folder on the black piece of cardstock. Then I sponged some Whisper White craft ink over top of the raised portion of the web to make it pop.
Using the same layout, here's a Christmas version using my favorite new Christmas set from the main catalogue. It's called No Peeking and there are some really cute images in this set. You will definitely see more cards and pages on my blog with this set!! For this card, the cardstock colors are Cherry Cobbler and Gumball Green (love this new in color). The designer series paper is from the package called "Be of Good Cheer". I stamped the penguin in Stazon and the again in Gumball green and Cherry Cobbler and I cut out his hat and scarf and "Paper peiced" them over top of the penguin. I also stamped the greeting in Cherry cobbler and then again in Gumball green and I used the 1/2 inch circle punch to punch out the wreath and attched it over top of the greeting.
I had so much fun making these cards, I think I may put these in my upcoming Stamp-A-Stack and card buffet classes.
Which brings me to the second part of my post! I am so excited about my clubs that are starting up again in September. This year, I have some new and different clubs to offer. Take a look at the descriptions and let me know if you would like to join one. If you bring a friend to join the club with you, there will be a special gift for both you and your friend!
ALL New Fall 2012 Clubs
- Stamper's club – this club is for both the new and experienced stamper. Each month we meet for a fun evening of stamping. I will feature something new each month, sometimes a new technique or a fun new Stampin up! product. The class is FREE and you will go home with two hand stamped cards and a 3-D project. One of the months you will enjoy all the hostess benefits and pick your very own free Stampin up! products!! Cost $25.00 purchase each month.
- Traditional Scrapbooking Club Want to get some scrapbooking done but can't seem to find the time? This is the club for you! Each month I will design a two page layout and all your supplies will be provided to complete that layout the night of the class. As a member of this club, on your club night, you will enjoy the freedom of designing additional pages for the rest of the evening! You are welcome to bring your own projects and use all my Stampin up! supplies such as stamps, ink, and Big shot tools. I will also have a table of retired designer series paper and surprises each month just for you to help you design more layouts! The cost to join this club is a monthy catalogue purchase of $35.00. This class will be limited to just 6 people so that everyone can have their own table and room to "spread out" for the evening.
- My Digital Studio Club I am excited about this new club! If you are curious about digital scrap booking or you own My Digital Studio, then this is the club for you. You can check out more details on this club in my post from yesterday here.
- To "Die For" Big Shot Club If someone were to ask me what my most valuable Stampin up! tool is I would have to say hands down it's the Big Shot! If you own the Big Shot you probably know that Stampin up! is constantly coming out with new dies, embossing folders, framleits and more! In this club you will enjoy a Free class each month where I will focus on Big Shot projects. You will go home with 3 fun projects. You will also get to be the hostess on one of the months and enjoy picking your free products!! Don't own the Big Shot? No worries, sign up for this club and I will give you 20% off the cost of the Big shot back in product of your choice! The cost of this club is a monthly purchase of $35 and we will start as soon as we have 6 people interested.
- Baby's first year Scrapbook Club! There's nothing more special than your baby's first year and why not capture all those special first for your baby by scrapbooking them? I will take all the work out of the scrapbooking for you with your layouts ready to assemble when you get here. No previous experience is required and there will be a daytime class and an evening class to choose from. The cost of the class is $20 per month. No purchase necessary. We will start as soon as I have 6 people sign up. This would make a great gift for a special friend or perhaps a daughter who is expecting. Can't make it to class but you'd still like the projects? No worries just let me know and I can send you the project, plus the cost of shipping.
Thanks for checking back today and if your interested in any of my clubs or you have a few friends and you'd like to start your very own private club, I'd love to hear from you!! [email protected]